Windmills. Tulips. Wooden clogs with pointed tips. Folk costume.... These are the symbols of Netherlands (or Holland) - an Europe country that I yet set foot on, though I've been to this part of the world for almost 1o times. The beautiful images of the country was the backdrop of the Hongkong drama (僵). Of course, I'm not there to seek exciting encounters withe the vampires, but the beautiful landscape that also comes with the architecture (both old and new).

Day 0 (20170605) Forgetful me! Careless me!

Forgetful me had caused a bit of anxiety this time!

1. Forgot to collect the wifi router before going through the immigration. 😓😣😠
Had never found myself so resourceful before, probably because I was traveling on my own this time - so, I know I need to ask, no matter what. I guess it's this survival instinct - I vaguely recall this familiar feeling when I departed for Bhutan about a decade ago. When I'm alone, I would be more anxious to have all things with me - better to be over-prepared than I ll-equipped (which would cause more anxiety)! What if having a travel companion? Will that help to reduce anxiety? Well, it's a yes and no answer. "Yes" because the travel companion might have the resource; "No" if both are stranded and now I need to keep even "cooler" 😂

With a travel companion, I would not have walked up to the SIA Transfer counter to check chances if arrangement could be made to collected. Of course, for security reason, it was a "no", but the ground crew tried to assist and give suggestions.  Though none of the suggestions work, but appreciate their help.

Managed to get the data roaming works, but it was through so much hassle! The operator simply repeated the standard answers. Instead, kept advising on procedures that were no longer applicable to my enquiry, which is what I could do next. It should not be the case of telling me what I shoulh have done (when the customer is already upset). It's problem solving time! I would have changed the service provider if I'm the main subscriber.

Actually, in the past, I would have saved myself from all these hassle because I would have checked how well the places are equipped with wifi services. This time, I did not check out the wifi accessibility since I was quite confident to bring the rented wifi router. Sigh! 人算不如天算! However, the key is because I'm moving around on my own, the access to online maps become critical in times of need or emergency. That was what hahappened when I went to the wrong lane and direction in Tokyo when heading for the Kabuki Theatre.

2. Earpiece without mic! 😌
I must admit, it slipped my mind for not looking at the piece carefully before packing. Anyway, it's not critical though I don't like placing my ear to the phone.

3. SD card not formatted 😓
I had not brought the Panasonic camera out for the recent trips. Thanks to the iPhone. Of course, this time I need to be more kiasu because there is no one to turn to if the camera feature does not work.   When tried taking a photo of the inflight supper, then realised that the SD card was not formatted! Fortunately, I have a second card! Phew!

4. Out-of-Office Message not set!
Well, I guess not too much an impact since I'm not expecting much emails from anyone, and if necessary, still can respond via the iPad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.